|0.3.6 : - code
added code to solve problem between Lineto and Curveto
0.3.7 : - code correction
for bezier knot in Curveto command
- code was aded to manage
quadratic bezier, Q,q command and T,t commands, as
a normal blender bezier point
- The last modications does not work with
gimp 2.0 svg export .
- Path's A,a
command for ellipse's arc .
- To speed up the function
filtre_DATA was removed and text variables are changed into numeric variables.
- svg, groups and
shapes hierarchy added
- now transform properties are computed
using a stack with all parented groups
- removed or replaced useless functions
- skewY, skewX transforms
- radians in rotate transform .
- Added functon to translate others
shapes in path
rect, line, polyline, polygon, circle, ellipse
- - various corrections
text font (id property exported by Adobe Illustrator are between coma)
function to code s tag has been rewritten.
- - various corrections
to oblige the script to understand a line feed just after
a tag . Rarely encountered problem, but it exits in a svg file
format exported by a outliner script for mesh .
- update for CVS,
at least blender 2.38 and upper
no BezTriple module in older version
added a createCURVES function to avoid to use
the OBJ format export/import .
Perhaps problems with cyclic curves . If a closed curve
does not appear closed in blender, enter edit mode select
all knot with Akey, do a Hkey to handle type , and finally
use the Ckey.
Should work ... not guaranted .
0.4.6 : improvement
of the cyclic curve state .
0.4.7 : - Management
of the SVGZ files . The complete python or the gzip.py
script is needed .
- Little improvement of the curve drawing using the createCURVES
function end the beztriple objects .
- short modif for a fantasy font case in the OOo svg format
('viewbox' is written 'viewBox', for instance) .
Note that (at this time, 2006/05/01, 1OOo exports in svg
but does not read its own export
0.4.9 : - skipped
version : private test
0.5.0 : - the
script worked perfectly with Blender 2.41 but in Blender
2.42, use the original svg name file + 'OOO.obj' to
write a videoscape file made blender crash under window XP when
the script loaded it . Curiously, use a more simple
name with a sole 'O' solved this problem .
- script returned errors on open path : corrected
- in b2.42, several successive imports seem to be added to
the same original curve . So now the script automaticaly
renames the last group of imported curve with the original
name file .
0.5.1 : - without
join option in the internal curve creation function
0.5.2 : - the
createCURVES() function has been cleanded . Now it works
fine but all bezier curves are joined in the same curve object .
0.5.3 : - removed
two things :
1/ the ajustement function to increase speed . 35 % faster :
5690 curves and 30254 points in 11 seconds . User should do
a ctrl-a on the object .
2/ the import method menu . No reason to choose between the
old and the intern curve creation this last one is largely
0.5.4 : - translation
of the functions' name + improvment in the dict lookup .
Quite 15% faster . 9.75 seconds instead of 11 to load the file test .
A test was also added to find the fill style so now the script closes
these curves even if they are not defined as closed in the strict
The old non used functions have been completely removed .
0.5.5 : - improvement
to get a better filling up when the script imports a
drawing made with a bundle of flat lines .
0.5.6 : -
Exec was removed from the collect_ATTRIBUTS function .
Other uses was evaluated.
a lot of print was removed to.
Wash down of some handle problems (not really easy to find).
Wash down of the last exec and correction of a
problem with the curve's first beztriple handle
which was not recorded at first time .
- Added some units managements
- Correction of the rotate matrix
- Correction of the skew matrix
- change in the wash_DATA function suggested by cambo
- added __slot__ in class Bez, ITEM and CURVE suggested by cambo
- remove unused properties in class ITEM and CURVE
- many improvements for faster and clearer code
suggested by cambo and martin.
- replacement of "%s" statement by str function.
- correction of an error in the scale transform management
- correction in the management of the stack transformation
that rises an error under python 2.5 but curiously not with
: - 2007/3/29
- management of paths' name when paths are imported as separate curves.
- Again a lot of minor corrections
- Backward to 0.5.8 of the function that manages float numbers exported
by the Adobe Illustrator's SVG. After a lot of tests it seems
that this oldest
version is also faster too.
: - 2007/3/31
- one or two minor corrections
- now the new object curve is added in the current layer.
- short modif in the scale menu...
: - 2007/4/4
- when a svg file containts several curves they might be imported
in separate object.
- now it is possible to select between separate and grouped curves
so a was added menu
- management of colors
: - 2007/4/7
- corrected a scale problem that only appears when one uses beveldepth
- in separate curve option, ,ame is also given to the curve data
- added the list of svg's color names and modified the color's method
to work with.
: - 2007/15/7
- many bugs on colors and naming curve corrected
: - 2007/5/2
- script was updated with the modifs by cambo
- removed all debug statements
- correction of a zero division error in the calc_arc function.
- Patch externe réalisé sur blender.org project.
- anothers bugs on colors naming corrected
- correction of the Bug
is caused by scientific notation numbers
0.5.9 l&m : -
- correction of the Bug
is caused by scientific notation numbers (again) and
management of some details in the strings that describe paths.
- Correction of the bug that blended curves after severals imports
and a bug on
the management of the Current point.
0.5.9 n : - 01/02/2009
- Correction of the management of the
redundat data for a single command (arc and lineto).
- Newe correction of the management of
the Current Point (updated before that a new path is created).
These two corrections make possible the
reading of the svg files exported from Inkscape.
0.5.9 o : - 20/04/2009
The SVG files from Adobe Illustrator
are often very bulky because they come with Pattern made of
a lot of paths. For example, a simple star can be described
by this sole line :
|<polygon points="55.901,118.693 41.109,78.969 0,68.635 33.209,42.291
30.335,0 65.651,23.443 104.983,7.642 93.601,48.473
120.784,80.998 78.434,82.79 "/>
...when the file weights 96830 bytes.
The rest is is made up by teh description of the pattern which we do not
import (a bit repetitive).
However if we want to keep the pattern,
there is an option for that :
d'exemple fourni par un aimable utilisateur du script